Are you moving to Wellington Florida?
Well, you’ve come to the right place (Wellington, that is). Wellington is a great community to live, work, visit and play. At WalkAboutWellington.com, we aim to help you do it better! We’ve compiled all the information that you’ll need to get adjusted in Wellington after your realtor has helped you find your new home. If there’s something you don’t see or any questions that you have, please post a comment at the bottom of this post. Welcome to Wellington, Florida!
Table of Contents
Here are the basic demographic stats about Wellington, FL.
- Population (2011): 56,629 (above the state average)
- Land area: 31 square miles
- Median age: 39.9 years old
- Median household income: $32,162 (above the Florida average)
- Median house value: $317,856
- Elevation: 15 whopping feet! (we hope sea level doesn’t rise…)
- Air quality: Better than average (24.8 compared to nationwide average of 32.0)
- County: Palm Beach County
- Zip Code: 33414
Florida Power Light (FPL) is the name of the company which keeps the lights on in Wellington. During good times and through the biggest hurricanes, they’ve done a pretty good job at keeping us powered-up. Click to turn on FPL service.
In my humble opinion, the water in Wellington is delicious! Either way, you only have one choice and you can turn on new service here.
Garbage Collection Information
Wellington offers automated garbage pick-up weekly (recycling, large debris, yard waste) and bi-weekly (regular garbage) basis. You can view a map showing collection schedules here. Here are a few other links of interest:
- Turn on new service.
- Click here for the Wellington garbage guidelines.
- If your garbage is missed our you have a complaint, go here.
Cable and Internet Access in Wellington
You have many choices for cable, internet and satellite service in Wellington Florida. We won’t chime in with opinion but will give you access to the following links:
Wellington Grocery Stores
View more detail about Wellington’s grocery stores.
- Publix (Wellington Town Square) – 11950 W Forest Hill Blvd, Wellington, FL 33414 (map)
- Publix (Courtyard Shops at Wellington) – 13880 Wellington Trace, Wellington, FL (map)
- Whole Foods (Wellington Green) – 2635 Florida 7, West Palm Beach, FL (map)
- Trader Joes: 2877 South State Rd 7, Wellington, FL 33414 (map)
There are 5 main elementary schools in Wellington, FL.
- Wellington Elementary School – 13000 Paddock Dr, Wellington, FL 33414 – (561) 795-4969
- Binks Forest Elementary School – 15101 Bent Creek Rd, Wellington, FL 33414 – (561) 904-9800
- Equestrian Trails Elementary School – 9720 Stribling Way, Wellington, FL 33414 – (561) 904-9600
- Elbridge Gale Elementary School – 1915 Royal Fern Dr, Wellington, FL 33414 – (561) 422-9300
- New Horizons Elementary School – 13900 Greenbriar Blvd, Wellington, FL 33414 – (561) 651-0500
There are 3 main middle schools in Wellington.
- Wellington Landings Middle School – 1100 Aero Club Dr, Wellington, FL 33414 – (561) 792-8100
- Polo Park Middle School – 11901 Lake Worth Rd, Wellington, FL 33449 – (561) 333-5500
- Emerald Cove Middle School – 9950 Stribling Way, Wellington, FL 33414 – (561) 803-8000
There are 2 high schools in Wellington.
- Wellington High School – 2101 Greenview Shores Blvd, Wellington, FL 33414 – (561) 795-4900
- Palm Beach Central High School – 8499 Forest Hill Blvd, Wellington, FL 33411 – (561) 304-1000
Local shopping centers
There’s plenty of shopping areas to spend your hard-earned money at in the Wellington area.
The Mall at Wellington Green
The Mall at Wellington Green, known to locals as the “New Mall”, is a massive shopping complex complete with over 170 shops including dining, gyms, tanning salons, clothing stores and everything else you’d expect at a World Class shopping facility. For parents, the mall has a great playground for the kiddies. For men who are dragged to the mall by their wives and daughters, there are great massage chairs throughout the mall so bring your dollar bills!
Courtyard Shops at Wellington
The Courtyard Shops at Wellington are located on the corner of Wellington Trace and Greenview Shores (across from the Marketplace) at 13860 Wellington Trace, Wellington, FL 33414 (map). This Wellington shopping center is anchored by a Publix grocery store and include several great restaurants, a pool supply store, jewelers, a liquor store, IHOP and many other small shops.
The Wellington Marketplace is a local shopping center located on the corner of Wellington Trace and Greenview Shores Blvd at 13837 Wellington Trace Wellington, FL (map). The Marketplace has a variety of stores including a hardware store (Ace), movie theater, several restaurants, a small gym and a great flower shop (Wellington Florist).
The “Old” Wellington Mall
Back in the day (before the Mall at Wellington Green came along), there was (and still is) the original Wellington Mall. The Old Wellington Mall is located at 12794 W Forest Hill Blvd Wellington, FL 33414. To locals, it’s now called the ‘Old’ Mall and is home to a bike shop, realty offices, a restaurant, police sub-station and a few other stores. The Old Wellington Mall is definitely a property which needs some revival but the current retailers have been in there for years.
Wellington Plaza is a local shopping center located at 12765 West Forest Hill Boulevard
Wellington, FL 33414 (map). Wellington Plaza is an older shopping center which is hustling and bustling with a busy gym, Starbucks, great Italian food, a Dunkin Donuts, several professional offices and much more.
Towne Square at Wellington
Wellington Town Square is an older shopping center located on the corner of South Shore Blvd and Forest Hill Blvd at 11950 W Forest Hill Boulevard, Wellington, FL 33414 (map). Wellington Town Square is anchored by a Publix supermarket and retail shops, restaurants, a cigar shop, real estate offices and a flower shop.
- Scott’s Place – 12300 Forest Hill Boulevard, Wellington, FL 33414
- Tiger Shark Cove – 13800 Greenbriar Blvd, Wellington, FL 33414
- Village Park – 11700 Pierson Road, Wellington, FL 33414
- Wellington Dog Park at Greenbriar Park (open dawn til dusk) – 2975 Greenbriar Boulevard, Wellington, FL
View all hospitals in Wellington.
- Wellington Regional Medical Center – 10101 Forest Hill Blvd West Palm Beach, FL 33414 – (561) 798-8500
- Palm West Hospital – 13001 Southern Blvd Loxahatchee, FL 33470 – (561) 798-3300
View all gyms in Wellington.
- Ultima Gym – 12799 Forest Hill Blvd, Wellington, FL 33414 – (561) 795-2823
- Crossfit Wellington – 11596 Pierson Rd #10 Wellington, FL 33414 – (561) 290-1639
- Iron Lion Fitness – 10660 Forest Hill Blvd Wellington, FL 33414 – (561) 204-5466
- LA Fitness – 10180 Forest Hill Blvd Village of Wellington, Florida 33414 – (561) 333-3358
- YouFit Wellington – 13865 Wellington Trace Wellington, FL 33414 – (561) 839-1925
- Pure Barre – 11924 Forest Hill Boulevard #22, Wellington, FL 33414 – (561)-469-7943